179 - Fwd: 🔺 Five Reflections..


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tal Gur <info@talgur.me>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024, 3:16 am
Subject: 🔺 Five Reflections..
To: <norsanina@gmail.com>


First things first—thank you for trusting me with your inbox. I truly appreciate you being a part of my journey. 

The main motivation behind my work (and these emails) is to unlock dormant potential and inspire growth. If this isn't for you, then please don't hesitate to unsubscribe below.

Five things in this email:
  1. Following Your Path
  2. Aligning First
  3. Embracing Uniqueness
  4. Narrowing Options
  5. Deepening Focus
May my words inspire and support your elevation journey.

-
🔺 #1. Following Your Path

Over a decade ago, I stood at a crossroads. With a lucrative corporate job in my rearview, I sold nearly all my possessions and boarded a plane bound for Nepal, with no return ticket in hand.

Why would someone willingly step away from their known, comfortable life and embark on a new, uncertain journey?

The answer, of course, varies for each individual. For me, it was—and still is—about self-discovery.

My internal map, like any map, is often coated with thick layers of social conditioning, making it all too easy to stray from our true north.

I lost my way more times than I can count. Yet, with each misstep, I earned new piece of the soul's puzzle and discovered different parts of the map.

On this voyage, I met many wise souls. But the most profound mentors were those who inspired me to look no further than within myself. Their eyes radiated peace, not because they had all the answers, but because they believed in my ability to find my own.

For my path is uniquely mine, just as yours is uniquely yours.

These wise people taught me that the most invaluable map I could ever possess is the one within me.

So, my first suggestion for self-reflection is super simple: set aside a few minutes to reflect on your own path. → If fear was not a factor, what would you be doing differently in your life?

-
🔺 #2. Aligning First 

Often, what seems like our worst experience is what puts us in alignment with our heart's path.

Each of us possesses a unique internal compass. It's that unmistakable tug in our gut, signaling whether we're on the right track or veering off course.

Such was the case when, despite my inner gut guidance, I moved to a quaint town in the northeastern U.S.

In doing so, I lost a piece of myself and, in return, encountered obstacle after obstacle

For months on end, every solution faltered, every strategy collapsed, every aspiration seemed just beyond grasp.

Despite pouring my heart and soul into my efforts, I encountered obstacles at every juncture.

It became clear: I was out of alignment—not just with my dreams and aspirations, but with the essence of who I truly am.

I've since realized that to truly thrive and unlock untapped potential, I must act in alignment with my innermost self.

Imagine a world where we prioritize this alignment—before making decisions, before forging relationships, before setting out on any journey. How profoundly different our world would be..

Take a moment to introspect: Where might you be misaligned? Are there areas in your life that feel out of sync? What would a stronger alignment look like?

-
🔺 #3. Embracing Uniqueness

Joseph Campbell, the legendary mythologist, once whispered a truth into the world: "The Privilege of a Lifetime is Being Who You Are."

When these words first danced into my ears, they struck a chord deep within my soul.

To be oneself, I believe, is THE most important thing we can do in our lifetime. 

But what does it mean to truly be yourself? 

After all, we all have so many different layers and personalities inside of us.

The key, I've learned, is to look beyond the layers and masks we wear.

We usually define ourselves through our roles and what we do, but who we truly are goes beyond that. It radiates from us. Even when we are standing still.

Every individual gives off a distinct energy, a unique glow. It's this irreplaceable spark that sets us apart.

It is only when we embrace our uniqueness that we can shine in this world as the lights we truly are.

Until then, we're simply replicas, copycat versions following the crowd, afraid to differ from one another, lest someone judge and criticize us.

Take another moment to reflect: Are you painting your life with your own colors, or borrowing shades from others? What parts of you have you silenced to blend in? 

-
🔺 #4. Narrowing Options

In the prime of my twenties, after years immersed in the Israeli high-tech world, a constant feeling of void led me to pivot. I chased a dream that had long danced in my heart: to live and study in the Australia.

There was only one problem: my English – or lack of it. Despite my resolve to integrate myself socially, the demands of completing a Master's degree and becoming oriented in a new country kept me orbiting closely around campus those first couple of years. I was speaking in my mother tongue with my roommates and haunting the same few humdrum university hangouts, always within a narrow world of other foreign students.

It was only when I immersed myself fully in the social scene, that I finally was able to master the English language. Using the power of immersion, I was able to gain proficiency and complete fluency within less than a year.

This transformative journey was so impactful that it inspired the opening chapter of my book, 'The Art of Fully Living.'

What's more, such was the potency of this immersive approach that it's now my go-to strategy for every ambitious goal I undertake.

Ever felt a burning desire for something, only to be held back by an overwhelming obstacle? How might immersion reshape your journey?

-
🔺 #5. Deepening Focus

Once, I was clueless about how to achieve big dreams. But during a transformative year in Australia, I discovered the magic of diving deep into one thing at a time and the strength of focused attention.

Dreams often remain dreams not because we don't try hard enough, but because we try to change everything all at once. Our minds just can't handle such sudden, massive shifts, causing us to give up on our biggest goals.

What if, instead, we chose one area of our life to change and gave it our all? 

This kind of focus not only helps us excel in that area but also lets us experience the joy of true dedication.

If this speaks to you, ask yourself: Which part of your life—maybe health, finances, relationships, or spirituality—needs your biggest focus right now? Which primary goal, once achieved, will make the most positive difference in your life?

Don't underestimate these simple questions; They have the power to to shape your destiny, just as it shaped mine.

Once you have your answer, give that area your full attention. Make it your top priority, set smarter goals, and avoid the temptation to change everything else at the same time. Remember, focused effort yields greater results.

-
As always, I trust that my words are useful in your elevation journey. If you find no value, please feel free to unsubscribe below. Otherwise, you're welcome to forward this email to others. (They can sign up for my Elevate emails instantly here.)

Keep Elevating 🔺
- Tal Gur
Founder, Elevate Society 
Creator of Elevate Uni
Author of The Art of Fully Living

-
By the way…

In order to provide you with the best possible content, I'd love to hear from you:

  • What resonated most with you in this email? 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5?

  • Also, have you read The Art of Fully Living about all the lessons (and mistakes) I've learned since starting out my 100 life goals journey? If so, I'd love to hear your feedback. Just hit the REPLY button and send me an email.

  • Finally, What is your biggest obstacle to living your fullest life - Is it time, money, knowledge, motivation...? Simply reply to this email and let me know — I read every message sent my way. 



 
 
Tal Gur

Jl. Raya Nyuh Kuning 28
Kecamatan Ubud BALI 80571
INDONESIA


Unsubscribe   |   Change Subscriber Options

No comments:

Post a Comment

219 - Makna 99 Allah - Pecahan

Norsanina.blogspot.com Muhammad Al-Tanwiji dalam kitab Al-Mu’jam Al-Mufashal fi Tafsiri Gharibi Al-Qur’ani al-Karimi (2011), kata Muhaimin (...