The universe gift
What you’re describing is actually a powerful shift—and yes, it is useful, but let’s refine it so it works for you, not against you.
First, the idea you heard from Vishen Lakhiani—
> “The universe doesn’t give you what you want, it gives you what you are”—
is essentially about identity shaping behavior and outcomes.
And what you’ve started doing—questioning your actions (“Why am I doing this?”)—is a move from surface-level affirmation → deep self-awareness.
Why What You’re Doing Works
You’ve unknowingly activated 3 powerful mechanisms:
1. Identity Alignment
Instead of saying:
“I want to be productive”
You’re asking:
“Why am I doing this action?”
This forces a deeper question:
“Am I someone who does this?”
That’s how identity changes.
2. Interrupting Autopilot
Most of our behavior is unconscious.
By scrutinizing your actions, you are:
Breaking habits
Catching emotional triggers
Becoming intentional
This is rare and valuable.
3. Internal Honesty (This is the strongest part)
When you ask:
“Why am I doing this?”
You may uncover:
Fear
Avoidance
Seeking validation
Comfort habits
This is where real growth happens.
But Here’s the Important Warning (So You Don’t Burn Out)
If done wrongly, this can turn into:
Overthinking
Self-judgment
Paralysis
So instead of asking:
> ❌ “Is this useful?” (too harsh, too binary)
Shift to:
> ✅ “What kind of person does this action reflect?”
This keeps it constructive, not critical.
---
A Better Structure (Simple Daily Framework)
Try this 3-layer check:
1. Before Action
“Why am I about to do this?”
2. During Action
“Does this align with who I want to become?”
3. After Action
“What did this reveal about me?”
---
Example (Relatable to Your Current Goals)
Let’s say: You scroll social media.
Instead of guilt:
“This is useless”
You say:
“I am someone who avoids discomfort right now”
Now you gain:
Awareness without shame
Power to choose differently next time
---
How This Connects to Your Bigger Journey
This actually fits perfectly with your book themes:
“I am not good enough” → identity belief
Overthinking → uncontrolled thought loops
Inner peace → awareness without reaction
What you’re doing now is: 👉 Moving from victim mindset → observer mindset
And that is a major turning point.
---
One Upgrade (This will make it 10x more powerful)
At the end of the day, add this:
“What identity did I live as today?”
“What identity do I choose tomorrow?”
---
Final Thought (Important)
Yes, this is useful.
But don’t aim to control every action.
Aim to:
> Understand yourself deeply, then guide gently.
Not force. Not judge.
---
If you want, I can turn this into:
a 1-page printable daily reflection sheet, or
integrate it into your 5AM routine plan so it becomes a habit naturally.
2. What you’re describing is actually a powerful shift—and yes, it is useful, but let’s refine it so it works for you, not against you.
First, the idea you heard from —
“The universe doesn’t give you what you want, it gives you what you are”—
is essentially about identity shaping behavior and outcomes.
And what you’ve started doing—questioning your actions (“Why am I doing this?”)—is a move from surface-level affirmation → deep self-awareness.
Why What You’re Doing Works
You’ve unknowingly activated 3 powerful mechanisms:
1. Identity Alignment
Instead of saying:
“I want to be productive”
You’re asking:
“Why am I doing this action?”
This forces a deeper question:
“Am I someone who does this?”
That’s how identity changes.
2. Interrupting Autopilot
Most of our behavior is unconscious.
By scrutinizing your actions, you are:
Breaking habits
Catching emotional triggers
Becoming intentional
This is rare and valuable.
3. Internal Honesty (This is the strongest part)
When you ask:
“Why am I doing this?”
You may uncover:
Fear
Avoidance
Seeking validation
Comfort habits
This is where real growth happens.
But Here’s the Important Warning (So You Don’t Burn Out)
If done wrongly, this can turn into:
Overthinking
Self-judgment
Paralysis
So instead of asking:
❌ “Is this useful?” (too harsh, too binary)
Shift to:
✅ “What kind of person does this action reflect?”
This keeps it constructive, not critical.
A Better Structure (Simple Daily Framework)
Try this 3-layer check:
1. Before Action
“Why am I about to do this?”
2. During Action
“Does this align with who I want to become?”
3. After Action
“What did this reveal about me?”
Example (Relatable to Your Current Goals)
Let’s say: You scroll social media.
Instead of guilt:
“This is useless”
You say:
“I am someone who avoids discomfort right now”
Now you gain:
Awareness without shame
Power to choose differently next time
How This Connects to Your Bigger Journey
This actually fits perfectly with your book themes:
“I am not good enough” → identity belief
Overthinking → uncontrolled thought loops
Inner peace → awareness without reaction
What you’re doing now is: 👉 Moving from victim mindset → observer mindset
And that is a major turning point.
One Upgrade (This will make it 10x more powerful)
At the end of the day, add this:
“What identity did I live as today?”
“What identity do I choose tomorrow?”
Final Thought (Important)
Yes, this is useful.
But don’t aim to control every action.
Aim to:
Understand yourself deeply, then guide gently.
Not force. Not judge.
If you want, I can turn this into:
a 1-page printable daily reflection sheet, or
integrate it into your 5AM routine plan so it becomes a habit naturally.
No comments:
Post a Comment